1) On March 4, 10 CRABSters poured kegs of homebrew at the DC Brewer’s Ball. It was well received by the crowd. The event raised $276,000 for cystic fibrosis. We might get a mention in the July issue of Zymurgy.
2) We’re hoping to put together a trip to Asheville NC on September 15-18. Let Joe (email@example.com) know if you’re interested.
1) In addition to beers we had some fantastic homemade ice cream made with imperial stout. Thanks Craig and Rachel!
2) On March 4, CRABS will have 10 members pouring at the DC Brewer’s Ball in exchange for free admission. Tickets are $150 and include unlimited food and beer from 38 professional breweries, 4 homebrew clubs, and 23-24 restaurants. See http://www.dcbrewersball.org/Event_Details.html for event details.
1) Our holiday party had a great showing, with lots of great food and beer, as well as a 750 swap and beer donations for the Heavy Seas folks.
2) CRABS won the club table competition at the Guild holiday party for the second year in a row, this time with the theme “Beer – breakfast of champions”. Also, the Guild raised about $7000 for various charities.
1) The Guild holiday party will be on Saturday December 3 from 6-10 PM at Heavy Seas. Our club table theme will be “Beer – breakfast of champions.” We will select food items and figure out who is bringing what. (An offline discussion was held toward the end of the meeting but I did not attend as I was busy drinking beer.) You might want to wear whatever you normally sleep in, e.g., pajamas or a bathrobe. (If you sleep nude, you might want to forgo the wardrobe thing.) Order your tickets here: http://www.mdhomebrewers.com/?page_id=2
1) Once again, a great turnout with several new faces. There was also a plethora of great commercial beers.
2) The National Homebrewers Conference was great fun. We poured beer on Thursday and Friday night. Joe O’Keefe, Rob Farrell, and John Jester all had beers in the final round of the competition. About 30 CRABSters attended. You can read a recap at http://www.benbrew.com/NHC/NHC2016/nhc2016.html
1) Great turnout again with several new faces. Special thanks to Craig Bryant for bringing two great beers from Troegs.
2) If you ordered a CRABS work shirt and don’t have it yet, contact Joe at firstname.lastname@example.org . He also has T-shirts if you want them
3) Big Brew at Maryland Homebrew was a bit smaller than usual because there were events at 5 other locations, so the overall Maryland turnout was quite high. A total of roughly 300 gallons was brewed (93 of it at Maryland Homebrew).