1) 2018 dues are due. $25 for individuals and $40 for families. Please pay Don if you haven’t already.
2) 2017 Brewer of the Year awards were given out.
3) Some Maryland legislative bills will be debated this Friday 2/23. A few CRABSters will be going to the hearing. If you’d like to go, contact Ed at firstname.lastname@example.org. Here are the bills to be discussed:
1) CRABS had a nice showing at the Homebrew Extravaganza at Little Havana on October 18. There were 36 entries, and CRABS took 3 of the top 11 spots: John Jester took 11th, Thomas Pagano and Reed Ulrich took 4th, and Jason Heinen and Ben Schwalb took 1st.
1) Lots of great beer including several that folks brought from Asheville.
2) Crabs4CRABS was another success. Lots of people attended. Thanks to Les for providing mac+cheese and Don for procuring 3 bushels of crabs.
3) Tonight, Thursday 9/21, Brad Smith will be at Maryland Homebrew 7:00-8:30 PM talking about BeerSmith and how the new version will work with mead and cider. This is a free event. If you want to go, RSVP to Chris at email@example.com
It was a warm night and the brewery was even warmer (hot actually), but we had plenty of commercial and hombrewed beer to keep out minds off how much we were sweating.
It was another month of welcoming several new perspective members. We were joined by Alfred, Ted, and brew partners Dwayne & Chuck. We also had Mike and Denny visiting from Rochester NY and decided to stop in to check us out. Their friend Steve has visited us every fall for the past several years and is spreading the word.
1) A big turnout with lots of great beers, including both commercial and home-brewed New England IPAs and sours; and a crowler of Two Paws, a collaboration between Checkerspot and Flying Dog. (Some CRABSters went to the Two Paws release at Flying Dog last Friday.)